Notarial services provided by the Consulate General include:
1) LEGALIZATION OF FOREIGN DOCUMENTS TO BE USED IN RUSSIA
The documents which are intended for use in the Russian Federation, are being legalized by the Russian consulates abroad after passing the legalization procedure in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the host country or any other authorized official institution of the state of origin of the document in accordance with the laws of this state.
When Malaysian citizens and organizations need to use the documents of different nature issued in Malaysia in the territory of Russia, they have to validate or ‘legalize' them for such use.
- The original verified document must be certified at the Consular division of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Malaysia by means of putting a special chop and sighed by an authorized employee of the Ministry. For the detailed information please contact the Division directly. ( Wisma Putra No.1, Jalan Wisma Putra, Presint 2, 62602, Putrajaya, tel: 03 8887 4000, web: http://www.kln.gov.my/?m_id=8 ).
- Then the document with the Ministry's certification should be submitted to the Russian Consulate for finalizing the legalization procedure.
- The legalized document then may be (if so required by the Russian contracting party, partner, official body, etc.) translated into the Russian language either at the Consulate or in Russia. The endorsement of translation of the document into Russian at the Consulate does not substitute legalization of such document!
The notarized translation of the document into Russian is also required in most cases. The legalized documents prepared in Malay and English are subject to notarized translation into Russian by the official translator. In some cases translation may be performed and simultaneously endorsed at Russian Consulate if the amount of work allows. Otherwise one may resort to the services of Notary Public and Certified Translators in Russia.
Legalizing the documents the Consul authenticates the signatures and chops placed on documents and acts and certifies the compliance of such documents with the laws of Malaysia.
Normally the documents of Malaysian origin meant for use in Russia submitted to the consulate are in English or Malay, but the legalization inscription on the documents is in Russian. Russian consul affixes a stamp with endorsement of certification on the legalized document that he certifies the authenticity of signature of the empowered employee of Malaysian MFA and then he affixes his chop, signature, decode his surname and gives registration number (all in Russian) (In cases, when there is no place for the legalization inscription, it is placed on a separate sheet of paper which is attached to the document or act and affixed with the latter by stamping). The consulate keeps the registers on acts of legalization, permitting later reference by the applying party or by Russian bodies concerned. If the Consul doubts whether the documents and acts are legalized in compliance with the laws of Malaysia, he may apply for the official explanation to Malaysian MFA. In some cases, for additional examination the consular officers may inquire the applicants for the additional documents and information necessary for the legalization.
The consequence of consular legalization procedure is the fact that Russian organizations and institutions shall get the right to accept for consideration the corresponding documents or acts come from citizen, organizations and institutions of Malaysia. The legalized document is accepted by the organizations and institutions of the Russian Federation in accordance with the usual procedure. Legalized foreign document can be also submitted as evidence to the court.
2) ENDORSEMENT OF TRANSLATION FROM ENGLISH INTO RUSSIAN FROM RUSSIAN TO ENGLISH
3) TRUE COPY ENDORSEMENT
4) SIGNATURE ENDORSEMENT
5) ISSUING OF CERTIFICATES OF NO CRIMINAL RECORD;
NOTE: We are not able to provide advice on which notarial service you may need. Please, ensure that you know what notarial service(s) you wish us to perform and, if necessary, you should confirm this with the organisation or agency that requires your documents to be notarised.
6) POWER OF ATTORNEY AUTHENTICATION
The Consulate provides Authentication of powers of attorney, drawn up in Malaysia to be used in Russia. A power of attorney can be certified on behalf of one or multiple Principals.
Authentication of any type of power of attorney requires Principal’s personal appearance at the Consulate. The Consul certifies Principal’s identity and mental competence.
Before documents submission to the Consulate a Principle should:
- Adjust the text of the power of attorney with the Russian institution where it will be further submitted to
- Send a draft of the power of attorney to Notary Section of the Consulate by email. The message should also contain information on date of birth, permanent address and passport data for Principals.
- Make an appointment with the Consulate for Power of Attorney Certification.
ТАРИФЫ ЗА ЛЕГАЛИЗАЦИЮ, СВИДЕТЕЛЬСТВОВАНИЕ ВЕРНОСТИ КОПИИ/ПЕРЕВОДА, ПОДПИСИ РОССИЙСКИМ КОНСУЛЬСТВОМ
NOTARY SERVICES FEES
LEGALIZATION OF THE DOCUMENTS
СВИДЕТЕЛЬСТВОВАНИЕ ВЕРНОСТИ КОПИИ
CERTIFICATION OF A TRUE COPY
СВИДЕТЕЛЬСТВОВАНИЕ ВЕРНОСТИ ПЕРЕВОДА (с русского языка на английский язык)
CERTIFIED TRANSLATION (from Russian to English)
СВИДЕТЕЛЬСТВОВАНИЕ ВЕРНОСТИ ПЕРЕВОДА (с английского языка на русский язык)
CERTIFIED TRANSLATION (from English to Russian)
СВИДЕТЕЛЬСТВОВАНИЕ ПОДЛИННОСТИ ПОДПИСИ